Monday, February 25, 2013

Research Paper Checklist


U.S. History II
Ms. White

Name__________________________________________ Date________________________________ Block______

Research Paper Check List
Before you hand in the research paper, please go through this list and check off that you did/have each of the items on this list. You will PUT THIS LIST ON THE TOP OF THE CLIPPED FILE THAT YOU PASS IN. This checklist, when you pass it in, is worth 5 points IF it is accurate (things you checked you have done) and turned in on the day the paper was due.

Here is a list of things that should be paper clipped together and handed in on FRIDAY MARCH 8, 2013.

____ This check list (on top) Checklist needs to have your name as well as each part of the check list checked off.

____ Your Research Paper.

____ Your Works Consulted page printed out from Noodle Tools.

____ Your library notes packet that you’ve been taking notes in.

____ The Writing Rubric that was given to you for the Project.

Checking your work:
Note Cards:
____ All parts of my notes packet are completed all the way to the end.

Research Paper Checklist:
____ My name is on the top right-hand corner along with the due date and my class period.

____My paper is TYPED in 12-point font, Times New Roman, black ink, double spaced and 1” margins. It is at least THREE pages long. 

_____I have an interesting grabber that lures the reader, detailed background information that includes time, place, & setting a clear thesis statement and road map in my introductory paragraph.

___ I have three solid CLAIMS for each of my body paragraphs. My CLAIMS match the three reasons in my road map and they are in the same order as I presented them in my introductory paragraph (Body Paragraph 1’s claim is the same as Reason 1 in my introductory paragraph).

____ I have specific evidence in my body paragraphs that support my three claims.

____For each claim and evidence, in my body paragraphs, I have written an interpretation—an explanation of why the claim is important to make.

____My paper concisely summarizes my 3-claims/key points and restates the thesis in a unique way.

____ I have used “formal voice”. This means that I did not use “first person” (I, me, in my opinion etc.) or “second person” (you, your etc.) in my essay. I also did not use contractions (don’t, can’t etc.) in my paper or slang words.

____I have read the paper out loud to myself or a member of my family to listen for problems with wording and grammar.

____I have NOT just relied on spell-checker to make sure all is spelled correctly. I proofread the paper to make sure that there are no errors (even better if you can have some other person—like an adult or an NHS tutor read the paper as well to look for errors).

____My Works Consulted page has ALL of the sources that I used listed on it.

____I believe this paper is the BEST representation of what I am capable of doing for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment